There’s something special about our old barn…
A romantic rustic setting with vintage elegance
If you are looking to reschedule your Spring 2020 wedding, contact us to schedule a tour. Large gatherings will most likely not be allowed for some time due to the COVID19 social distancing precautions, but we can offer you a beautiful, unique, and intimate setting for your special day.
On the 60 acre working farm adjacent to Susannah’s Watch B&B sits our old tobacco barn. The old girl has been standing since the early 1930’s watching over the Patuxent River and the surrounding farm fields.
At the River Barn we specialize in creating an unforgettable experience for both you and your guests. We have gorgeous indoor and outdoor ceremony and reception options, vintage furnishings, unique decor, and a relationship with some of the best wedding vendors in Southern Maryland. Your wedding is a celebration that will be remembered for years, we can make it an unforgettable experience that will last a lifetime.
Select a link below to learn more about pricing and policies at the River Barn.
We believe every wedding at The River Barn should be tailor made for you. We require an event management team who will take the lead on your wedding day, and the lead up the your big day. You’ll be able to fully experience your wedding as you leave coordination of the vendors and details to an experienced professional.
- Events by Kim
- Sweet Annie’s Flower Truck
- Finer Sweets (Wedding Cakes and more)
- Fred Evans, Officiant
- Bailey’s Catering
- Hair Stylist
- Makeup Artist
- Gulf Tans by Patsy
- 12-hour rental of the barn/farm/vineyard
- Susannah’s Suite in the B&B for 24 hours
- Bridal Dressing Room (includes bathroom with shower)
- Groom’s Dressing Room (includes bathroom with shower)
- Billiard Room
- Beautifully landscaped grounds
- Choice of different ceremony sites
- Stripping Shed Bar
- Bar Coolers and Ice
- Draped twinkle lights
- Staff member on site for maintenance and emergencies
- Free parking
- Photoshoot on pier
- Vintage tractor photoshoot
- In-House Officiant
- Wedding Designer
- Wedding Coordinator
- Annie’s Flower Truck
- Bar Service in Stripping Shed (Licensed Bartender, Refrigerator, additional coolers, and ice)
- Trash removal & Trash cans
- Yard Games
- Venue Check-in: 12pm
- Earliest Guest Arrival: 3pm
- Ceremony: 4pm
- Guest Departure: 10pm
- Latest Vendor Departure: 11pm
- Not ready to call it quits at 10pm? We have nearby options for the party.
We require WedSafe Event Insurance for minimum liability coverage of one million dollars (a price to you of $185). And though it’s not required, we highly suggest adding on a cancelation policy, just to make sure your investment is covered.