Admission and Tickets
- Admission tickets will go on sale January 1, 2022
- Admission tickets are expected to sell out and will not be available for sale on the day of the match.
- The event will be held rain or shine.
- No re-entry, no refunds, and no exchanges.
- Children ages 12 and younger may attend for free—no tickets required.
- All attendees ages 13 and older will need a ticket and are required to wear a wristband at all times. Those without a wristband will be asked to leave the event.
- All attendees must show identification at the gate to verify age.
- Open at 11 a.m.
- Drink ticket sales begin at 11:00 am
- Wine and Bourbon Tents open at noon.
- Croquet match begins at 12:30 p.m.
Opening ceremonies will begin at 12:30 p.m.
- Drink ticket sales end at 3:30 p.m. drink tents close at 4 p.m.
- Entry gates close at 5 p.m.
FOOD AND DRINKS
- Grills are not permitted.
- Picnic food is allowed; food will also be available for purchase on-site.
- Sealed, non-alcoholic beverages are allowed; bottled water will be available for purchase on-site.
- No outside alcohol is permitted—coolers and bags are subject to inspection.
- Wine and beer will be available to purchase only with event drink tickets.
- All attendees wishing to purchase and/or consume alcohol must show identification (proof of age) and will be given a wristband to wear all day.
- Purchased alcohol is not permitted outside the match grounds.
MATCH DAY REMINDERS
- Pets are not permitted.
- Guests are not permitted to set up or reserve spaces before 11 a.m. on the day of the match.
- Only lawn chairs, blankets, and tables lower than two feet are permitted in the area around the match site.
- Strollers are allowed.
- Kindly remove all items when departing, and leave trash and recycling receptacles in designated areas.
- All personal items must be removed from the grounds by 7 p.m. or they will be donated, or thrown away.
Parking is extremely limited. Details on transportation options will be posted here.
Match Day Rules
The U.S. Naval Aviator team will wear crisp, U.S. Croquet Association croquet whites, along with a team tie, varying from year to year. The Royal Navy Aviator team uniform changes every year, revealed only minutes before each match during the opening ceremonies
When selecting your attire for Match Day the recommend theme is anything from preppy to Great Gatsby, but always with a fantastic hat. Remember to dress in layers, the croquet match is an outdoor event and the weather can be hard to predict.
Courtesy and good sportsmanship are expected of all players. No players may throw a mallet or hit a ball in protest or anger. No trash talk is allowed.
How the game is played: The game played at the annual match is nine-wicket croquet. A full-size croquet court is a rectangle 100 feet long and 50 feet wide. Nine metal wickets and two wooden stakes are arranged in a double diamond pattern. The object of the game is to advance the balls through the course by hitting them with a mallet, scoring a point for each wicket and stake made in the correct order and direction. The winner is the first side to score 14 wicket points and 2 stake points for each of its balls. For the Cuthbert Fenwick Cup, each side has 12 players divided into two-person teams.
The Cuthbert Fenwick Cup will be kept by the victors until the next match.